Tuesday, April 13, 2010

my Tom's Shoes obsession and a Day without Shoes

Ok, like most females (and a portion of my male friends), I love shoes. At the risk of turning into one of those Sex and the City chicks, I will say shoes make me happy. If I'm feeling down, a pair of heels will literally give me the lift I need to get through the day.
Anyway, last week was Tom's Shoes "A Day without Shoes", which encouraged people to go without shoes for an entire day to raise awareness about those who do not have shoes at all. There are millions of people who are exposed to a variety of diseases through their feet because they don't have shoes. I had to work on the "Day without Shoes", but I rocked my red Tom's in solidarity with the cause.

Tom's did an AMAZING job promoting this cause through social media. They twittered, sent out reminders, talked about the t-shirts they had for sale (if you couldn't go shoeless), and asked for pictures of people who were going without shoes. They really turned this event into a "social" event--even though many of the connections that were made were virtual.

Great job!


Here's a pic of my Tom's on a recent outing to Austin's Mount Bonnell:


No comments:

Post a Comment