Tuesday, April 13, 2010

the NTEN Conference, Part 1

Lucky for me I live in Austin (at least for the time being). On Friday, I was given the topportunity to go to the NTEN Remote conference at Convio. We were able to watch the plenary (I think that's the word) speaker, blogger Andrew Sullivan. It was very interesting to hear him speak--he addressed how to best interact with the audience and then he said something that rocked my world. He said that blogging really is a one-on-one conversation. This is such an interesting perspective on blogging (or writing in general). Most of the time when I write posts, I feel like it's being sent into the great unknown. I feel like I'm just sending my thoughts out into the great unknown. However, Andrew's thoughts on this make me realize that this is a much more intimate experience. Blogging really is a conversation with someone, and all of my many readers (thanks guys!) are able to get inside my head for a bit, just like having a conversation with someone.

Andrew also casually mentioned that we should be blogging about once an hour, every day. Umm..
Andrew has a medium sized country worth of followers. I don't. As much as I hope the people that read this like me, I dont think anyone wants that much information from me. If I wrote 20 posts a day, 10 of them would be mildly relevant, 3 would be interesting and 14 would be about brushing my teeth.
That being said, my schedule is allowing me a little more freedom to make more posts, so I will be trying to post more...just not 20 times a day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment