Friday, March 19, 2010

A little rant or What not to do to your donors....

I love my alma mater. I hope to one day have a scholarship named after me there. However, because of the economy and other competing interests (like the cost of going there), the scholarship will need to wait.

I am on the committee for my 5 year reunion. Our contact person has asked all of us to make a donation to the college's annual fund. Completely understandable, I get it. I would expect that the people on the committee would be one of the first to donate. So, last night I got some money together and made my donation online.

Now, let me tell you this. My alma mater is a warm and fuzzy place. They are smiling people, a small college where everyone knows everyone and you feel good about yourself for going there. I made my donation pretty easily online. No big deal. Then I waited for the thank you email after the confirmation that I was sure would come. This place is warm and welcoming and they thank everyone all the time, so I was sure that a thank you would be on its way.

Immediately after I made the donation, I received an email. I will copy and paste it because it is that unbelievable.

From: xx_prod@infinet-inc.com
Subject: Standard Notification
Date: March 18, 2010 11:25:29 PM CDT
To: Molly Heinsler


Molly Heinsler,

A credit card payment in the amount of $51.00 was approved on 03/19/2010 at 00:25 AM.

The confirmation number is 124870.

Regards,

QuikPAY Online Services





this is the only thing that I have received from the college. I received a "Standard Notification". It doesn't even have a thank you.



Please do not do this to your donors.

In this economy, with my lack of a "big girl" job, I had to sacrifice to make a donation. And all i got was a standard notification.

Ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment